Small Kitchen Fire in Southfield, MI
This kitchen fire began because something was forgotten in the oven and burned which caused a lot of smoke. Our SERVPRO of Rochester technicians came in and cleaned the soot from all surfaces in the kitchen and deodorized the space as well.
Tips for Preventing Kitchen Fires:
Never leave cooking food unattended. Stay in the kitchen, especially if you're cooking in grease or if the oven is at a very high heat. Turn off the burner or oven if you need to leave the house or get caught up in a phone call. Keep dish towels, pot holders, and paper towels away from the stove.