The photo restoration process
In the event of water damage, are your irreplaceable memories and sentimental items safe?
When calling SERVPRO of Rochester in the event of water damage, many of our customers don't think about the boxes of photos they have somewhere in the basement, or their wedding album, sitting on the shelf... It is our job to help you when those things become compromised.
We go above and beyond to try and save absolutely everything with sentimental value, especially photos. When packing out your wet items, we place photo albums, loose pictures, and photos in picture frames into boxes that are to be immediately processed upon arrival to our warehouse. Our contents department then begins carefully separating every photo and laying them out to dry in a drying chamber. we understand how important friends and family photos are, so we treat them as if they were ours.
TIP: Keep loose photos and photo albums in sealed plastic containers to prevent any damage in the event of a water loss.
We utilize several methods of cleaning your contents, including the following:
- Dry Cleaning - Used for cleaning light residues or to pre-clean prior to wet cleaning.
- Wet Cleaning - An effective cleaning method for removing moderate to heavy residues.
- Spray and Wipe -Effective for items that can’t withstand wet cleaning.
- Foam Cleaning - Used for upholstery fabrics that might shrink or bleed if wet cleaned.
- Abrasive Cleaning - Involves agitation of the surface being cleaned.
- Immersion Cleaning - Contents are dipped into a bath of the cleaning product.
Advanced Drying Equipment
Floor Mat Drying System in Farmington Hills home was used to dry the hardwood floor. Without this system, the floor might have to be replaced.
Here at SERVPRO of Rochester we use many different types of drying equipment and techniques to dry out your home or business in the event of a water damage. Our technicians are able to assess and understand how to mitigate a number of flooring, wall types, and other surfaces to make sure that you are receiving the most efficient and effective service during a stressful situation. We use industry specific fans and air movers, alongside the newest technology called the HP Plus Floor Drying Package, which is a floor mat drying system.
The HP Plus Floor Drying Package is used to dry hidden areas of moisture in and under flooring including wood flooring, marble, tile, subfloor, etc. The systems panels can also be used to dry plaster walls and other dense materials. So, before you worry about a custom floor in your home or business or think that any of the flooring or walls can’t be dried, let our SERVPRO of Rochester technicians assess your situation and see if the floor mat drying system can help you.
Call us at (248) 608-2667!
How Do Thermal Cameras Help Us with Your Water Damage?
Thermal image camera captures a photo of a wet kitchen ceiling after a pipe break in the bathroom in Livonia.
Our SERVPRO of Rochester technicians are specially trained in Water Restoration and given a certification by the IICRC (Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Cleaning) to ensure the best quality of work for our customers. To go one step further, our technicians have been trained to use Thermal Cameras to detect moisture and temperature discrepancies in your home or business. IR (Infrared) Thermal Camera technology is a powerful tool for discovering the source of a leak, determining is there is lingering moisture behind a wall before or after a dry-out and even to combat potential mold growth.
So How Do IR Cameras Work?
When water evaporates, it cools surface temperature. Infrared cameras identify temperature differences to locate potential water damage. Infrared technology visually displays qualitative thermal differences often caused by water damage. In short, IR cameras do not directly detect moisture, they detect temperature, and water is extremely sensitive to these fluctuations.
If you have or had a water damage and are concerned about moisture, call our SERVPRO technicians at (248) 608-2667!
Commercial Water Loss Causes
Warehouse Water Damage in Farmington Hills, MI Business
Besides a natural disaster or large-scale storm, there are other potential causes for a water damage at your business. It is true that commercial water damages are often the result of weather events such as heavy rains and storms, however, there are regular maintenance issues that could cause damage to company equipment, inventory, and other valuable assets. Our SERVPRO of Rochester technicians are highly trained and knowledgeable in all of the possible causes for a water loss to occur in your commercial property.
Other Causes of Water Damage in Your Business:
- Sprinkler System Malfunction - Sprinkler systems are a must for businesses because it helps protect the building in fire emergencies, offering the first line of defense when smoke is detected. However, when the sprinkler system is outdated and showing signs of wear and tear, the sprinklers can malfunction and cause water damage to everything inside the building.
- Burst pipes– There are many reasons why pipes can burst and cause water damage. One potential reason could be an extremely cold day that can freeze the water in the pipes. Since water expands as it freezes, this expansion can crack and break the pipes that the water needs to flow through.
- Clogged sewer system– Another possible reason for a commercial water damage is toilets and sewer systems getting clogged. Toilets and sewer lines can get clogged very easily and when a sewer line is clogged, flooding can occur anytime someone flushes a toilet or pours water down a sink.
- Leaking roof– When the roof is not regularly checked and maintained, it can suffer damage from exposure to changing weather. Even if you are just experiencing a rainstorm, when your roof has a leak, it can become detrimental and damage the inside of your building.
If you have a water damage in your commercial property, call SERVPRO of Rochester at (248) 427-1500.
What is a Trash Out?
Excessive contents need to be cleaned out after years of collecting items at this condo in Oakland County.
Our SERVPRO of Rochester technicians pride themselves on being able to "clean up anything you don’t want too” whether you had a disaster affect your home or not. There are plenty of common and uncommon reasons you would need what we call a trash-out, we have seen and dealt with them all.
For instance, if you have a home or basement full of wet or just plain unwanted things, we can haul that away for you. If you are a rental homeowner and a tenant left a ton of trash in your rental property, we can take that away for you and clean the home. If there is an elderly or physically handicapped person you may know that can not take care of their home and let things pile up, we can take care of that for them. The possibilities are endless, and we have the ability to deal with hazardous material being that we have access to personal protective equipment (PPE).
If you need our experienced SERVPRO of Rochester technicians help, call (248) 608-2667
Emergency Do’s and Don’ts
Storm in Lake Orion causes damage to finished basement.
As Michigan is currently in a rainy season, here are some emergency water damage tips to help assist you in taking proper action until our SERVPRO of Rochester technicians arrive.
Emergency Water Damage Tips:
- Shut off the water source if possible or contact a qualified party to stop the water source.
- Turn off circuit breakers for we areas of the home or building if you have safe access to the power distribution panel.
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting or flooring.
- Move any artwork, computers, documents, and other items with sentimental value to a dry place.
- Don’t enter effected areas if electrical outlets, switches, circuit breakers, or electrical equipment are exposed to water. ALWAYS avoid electrical shock hazards.
- Don’t use your household vacuum cleaner to remove water, this could cause electrical shock or damage to the vacuum cleaner.
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet or enter rooms where ceilings are sagging from retained water.
If you experience a water damage call SERVPRO of Rochester at (248) 608-2667
How Does SERVPRO Handle Your Belongings?
SERVPRO of Rochester packed out a home after a water loss.
In the event of a disaster in your home, whether it be water, fire, mold, or sewage, SERVPRO of Rochester will be there to take care of all your personal belongings alongside the home itself. When we come into your home to do mitigation, we may require something called a Pack-Out, meaning we assess and carefully pack up the contents of your home that do not need to be disposed of.
During a pack-out we will address if the contents of your home including furniture, need to be cleaned – meaning they were affected by the type of loss you had, stored only – meaning unaffected, or disposed of – meaning they are affected beyond repair.
During a pack-out we use an industry specific software to categorize and photo inventory your belongings, that way we can provide the list to you and your insurance company/adjuster to review. This is also to ensure that once your contents are brought to our climate-controlled facility, we can pull any items or boxes that you would like back sooner than others by way of the software showing us exactly where it’s at and what it’s labeled as.
We try to make the devastation of a disaster in your home easier on you by making sure the process of a pack-out is painless from start to finish.
Call our SERVPRO of Rochester technicians at (248) 608-2667
Every day is Earth Day at SERVPRO
Happy Earth Day from your friends at SERVPRO of Rochester.
SERVPRO of Rochester takes great pride in providing effective and environmentally safe cleaning products for use in your home or business to ensure that when disaster strikes, you won’t have to worry about the safety and health of your family, pets, or employees. SERVPRO® Industries, Inc. is a member of the EPA’s Design for Environment (EPA/DFE) initiative. As a member company, SERVPRO® can access the listing known formally as CleanGredients. The EPA/DFE has established a set of criteria for formulating environmentally friendly cleaning products.
Here are a few examples of some Green Cleaning Products we use:
- #249 Window Green Clean
- #250 All Surface Green Clean
- #251 Carpet and Upholstery Green Clean
These products have a pH neutral formulation that contains no solvents, dyes or fragrances, making them an environmentally friendly alternative to traditional household cleaners. They are considered safe, non-toxic, phosphate free and rapidly bio-degradable.
We know how important it is to feel comfortable and safe in your home or business when disaster strikes, and with our environmentally safe products we hope to take that stress off you.
To learn more or if you are seeking services, call our technicians today at (248) 427-1500!
What to Do About Mold in Your Attic
Mold clean up in Lake Orion
Any home or business attic can fall victim to mold if a source of water is present. All it takes is a small water leak or excess humidity for mold to form in your Rochester home or business attic. During Michigan’s rainy season leaky roofs are very common, however, the important thing is to not let them go unaddressed. Mold can spread throughout your property in as little as 48 hours, so it is imperative that you frequently check your attic for signs of moisture or a leak in your roof. Mold can produce allergies and irritants to not only humans but pets as well, so if you suspect an issue, have an odor, or see visible growth call SERVPRO of Rochester to inspect your attic.
The mold remediation process we use is quick and efficient to make sure we stop the spreading as soon as we can. Here is a breakdown of the steps we use during mold remediation:
- Connect with the home or business owner and their insurance company
- Inspection and mold damage assessment of the structure and belongings
- Mold Containment (to prevent spreading to unaffected areas)
- Air Filtration & HEPA Vacuuming
- Removal of mold and mold infested materials
- Spraying area with Antimicrobial (which is safe for humans and animals)
- Cleaning the contents in the space
If you believe you have a mold issue, call the trained technicians of SERVPRO of Rochester at (248) 608-2667
Sewage clean up in a residential bathroom in Birmingham Michigan
Have you ever been faced with a mess that you don’t want to or do not know how to clean up? Our SERVPRO of Rochester Michigan technicians completely understand that and are ready to swoop in 24/7 – 365 to help tackle any disaster.
For example, maybe you have faced an unsanitary issue in the home of someone you know, whether it be someone elderly, family, friend, or neighbor, and you are unsure how to clean up or how to help them. SERVPRO of Rochester technicians have the proper equipment, tools, professionalism and processes to clean up and help whomever it is in the most efficient way possible - taking the worry off you.
We will work with you, the homeowner or tenant, as well as the insurance company to cover all the bases in cleaning the home. We use specially formulated chemicals, including disinfectants, floor cleaners, carpet cleaners and deodorizers to properly clean up an unsanitary situation. We are always prepared and take all the necessary precautions, including wearing protective gear, when faced with messes like these. Situations like these can be difficult but we are trained and ready to face them whenever you need us!
Call us today at (248) 427-1500 if you need help!